Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

interesting lesson for ...and now from the kosher ham

I had thought my older radio the Ft 847 was badly broken...maybe not

let me back up when I got the amp the ameritron 811 it warned me to ground the amp so I grounded the amp and the radio I had attached the IC-718 to to the grounding rod too

I was amazing at the impovement in the radio's preformance.

well tonight I had a brain storm and set the ft 847 in place of the IC718 and coneted to the Ground rod as I had the IC 718 and

one the ft 847 no longer makes a funny flicker on the loewer bands

two test the radios outut with an external SWR metter I find that the full out put of the 847 matchs that of the ic 718 about 100watt despite the yeasues internal meter says something very different

I wil check out the radio transmistion sound when gav get back from her fathers place (she went to vist and attend a craft show in Elkhorn) so sometime sunday or monday I should know if I was simply mistaken about the condiction of the 847 or not

No comments: